Saturday, December 14, 2013

My Wife

I really learn something new every day. My son and my wife are my rocks!  I have a job that to most could be considered stressful and at times it is.  However, even on those days when my kids at school are having off days, I keep home as my focus. 

My wife is the most amazing person on this earth.  I learn from her every day.  To see her with my son and the joy and bond they have for each other is priceless.  She is a do it mommy.  She wanted to make her own baby food when the baby was born.  She did and was amazingly easy.  I am sure she could give you some crash courses if you need her to. 

We also talked about cloth diapers and we did for the most part of the first year.  It was not as bad as people made it out to be.  Yes we had quite a bit of stinky diapers to remove liners from and put them back together after washing and drying, but it really was a nice break from the norm of paper disposable diapers.  They also looked alot more comfortable to. 

My wife is my best friend.  We met when we were at camp.  She was a family worker and I was a camp supervisor at that time.  I had already done my years in the woods at this point.  She has been there for me during the best of times and also the times when I had about a year and half to two year complete brain fart.   Not easy times for sure, but none the less she was always there for me to talk to.

I admire her passion for her job.  Sitting at home night after night putting in extra time working on lesson plans for sometimes it seems like weeks on end.  But through it all, she does her job for the betterment of her students.

She makes an absolute best friend.  If you dont believe me, ask the "Girls" she teaches with.  They have created their own little family, of newborn babies and and some babies a little older that the others.  She is the centeral point in all that.  And if you were to ask them all individually what they thought of her, they wold say the same thing as me.   She is kind, considerate, passionate and loving.  She cares for them and their families.  She shares all of our smiles and our hurts.

My wife has earned my trust at a time when it was difficult for me to be around people.  She is always patient with me, even when I do not pick up on all of those signs that guys are supposed to pick up on. 

I had tried to figure out in my long tenure as a single man, what the perfect compliment to me a woman had to be.  I thought in my mind what it was, and I struck out.  God brought her to me through camp.  She was able to forgive me for not being perfect, well at least I hope she has.

I have thought about her a lot today, and how much she makes me smile, and how much love she has poured into my heart over the 5 plus years we have been together. I am blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. wow, she is lucky too to have someone who admires and loves her so much.

    ReplyDelete