Sunday, March 16, 2014

Time Flies....Just like Superdad

Well it has been awhile, and to be honest with you its been to long.  I love writing, I know I have said this countless times, but it is true.  I just got really busy really quick!  So what is going on in the great big world of Winston Salem and the Vogel House hold?

BABIES!!  Lots and lots of babies!  I know when you read that your first thought is Michael and Nissa have more than 2?  Well in a way we kind of do.  Nissa has a "Sisterhood" if i can use that as a term, that have all had babies around the same time as both of ours.  Finn's was more spread out from the other babies that came that same year, but Lil Ms. Eleanor?  Hers all came around the exact same time. One even came on the same day!

Visitors?  Well she was born in the great Blizzard of '14 so the visitors that we did get, came by foot.  Her Aunt Booka and Uncle Tooka braved the elements and walked to the hospital to see their new niece.  Not sure Eleanor realized what great lengths they came.  If she knew that her Aunt Booka freezes when its 78* outside, let alone blizzard like conditions.  She did venture out of the room on the second day to go visit her newest boyfriend, we will call him Mr. UNC!  Not that I am a UNC or Duke or NC State fan by any stretch of the imagination, but his daddy IS a die hard fan!  UNC born and bread.

It really was quite comical.  Nissa allowed me to leave the hospital as the snow storm started (now before you going and getting upset with me about leaving my beautiful bride at the hospital with our second born by herself, we live a whopping 1 mile from the hospital, and plus her best friend was literally right down the hall) again we live roughly a mile from the hospital.  It took me close to 40 minutes to get home with all of the people leaving work to get home.   I got home and got a nice HOT shower and clean clothes.  On my way back was the crazier scene.  I left and took some roads less traveled because I know how to drive in snow unlike anybody in the south.  There were cars stranded on the ramp ways and as I approached the stoplight by the mall/hospital there were people deserting their cars and heading for higher/dryer ground.

Superdad?  Well I feel like it anyway.  Not that I am superhuman by any stretch and I don't do super things but Finn just makes me feel that way.  He yells out for me when I am getting home for work, or he will go in the bathroom and clime in the window to waive at me and blow kisses at me as I leave for work.  We have our own unique sign language just the two of us that we are helping mommy with so she understands, it took her forever to figure out what GUP was?  Ummm Hello Garbage Trucks!

I don't feel like a Super Dad so mad as Super Blessed.  I have been blessed with an amazing wife, an amazing son and daughter.  My family in Indiana is pretty special and amazing themselves.  I miss them and wish they had the ability to see my kids more.  I keep telling them that they won't get all of that nasty weather in North Carolina like the 100 plus inches Indiana has been hit with this year.  Somebody will take me up on it sooner than later I am hoping.  Thank you guys again for taking the time and reading my work and blogs. I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment