Sunday, March 16, 2014

Goal Update


I blogged back at the beginning of the year that I had probably more than enough goals for the year.  I  have decided that as much as I love writing and the passion that I have for it, I wanted to put some of that fire in losing weight.  

I entered January of 2014 with a focus on losing 42 pounds in a year.  I really felt like that was a manageable number to obtain in a years time.  I think it averages out to somewhere close to three pounds a month.  I knew that the bulk of it needed to be lost in the first six months because when football season rolls around, my schedule and routine take a hit and I may not be able to focus on weight loss when the football team and myself will be focusing on winning a state title!!

I have been going since January 4 of this year.  As of my last weigh in yesterday March 15, I have lost a grand total of 27.2 pounds.  I am really kind of speechless.  I wanted to write a big long blog on how things are going and the struggles and the successes.

I just don't know exactly what to say.  I am a lot farther ahead than I thought I was going to be when I started this journey.  It really is much easier that I ever had imagined.  Again, once you get sick and tired of being sick and tired, you put your mind to it that you are going to do it and you go for it.  Do I fall of from time to time? Yes!  Just last week I weighed in and gained a pound and a half.  That is what crazy weather does to a person.  Instead of being in your routine, you are at home with easy access to the snacks and you don't move around much.  Its okay to fall off.  You recover from it.  Every once in a while I will treat myself to some killer frozen yogurt with the PB topping and some crunch cereal thrown in and a brownie and some peanut butter cups, i said ALL IN on the frozen yogurt.  But its a once in a while thing.  My weakness when I started this trip was wings!  LOVE THEM!  All of them, everyone of them!  I could not slow down if their were 20 in an order I would do everything I could to put away each of them, plus the loaded cheese fries I got with it.  Things are much slower and civil now.  I still treat myself to wings when someone invites me to.  I get a small order and a small order of a fried potato product and enjoy.  I find that my stomach feels smaller, like I ate 3 pieces of pizza a couple of weeks ago and I felt terrible.  I use to do that with my eyes closed and without thinking twice about it.  

It is okay to splurge from time to time.  You don't want to play the system.  Some people like to do "activity" and get activity points, and then add that to their points for the day.  I just go for the allotted  points for the day.  I don't want to beat the system.  Beating the system is what got me to, to close to 400 pounds.  It was a scary sight and feeling.  

I remember back a few years ago I was watching the Biggest Loser sitting their watching it with a gallon of Moose Tracks Ice Cream eating it by the scoop fool.   That thought afterwards has stayed with me to this day.  Watching a Weight Loss show while Gaining weight in the process.  Think about that for a second.

Okay I feel like I have babbled enough today, so I will let you guys get back to better things like watching for the upcoming Ice Storms headed are way!

Peace, Love and Wrigley!  I love you guys, thanks for the hits...
  I love this pretty lady!  One of my all time favorite pictures of me and my beautiful wife!  Trenton, the sweatshirt has been spotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment