Monday, January 27, 2014

Weight what?

What's up my peeps?  Well I wanted to report back on one of my goals in the new year.  My biggest goal is to lose 42 pounds this year and I am well on my way.  I am not saying that it has been easy at all.  I just got to the point where I was sick and tired, of being really sick and tired.  I hated looking at myself in the mirror with my shirt off.  It was disgusting!  Embarassing. 

I set on January 4, 2014 to lose weight this year.  My wonderful mother-in-law and I started a conversation on New Years Eve about Weight Watchers and the amount of success that she had.  I knew that the time was now, with Finn roaming freely and a baby to enter this world litterally any second, that I needed to do something to be able to keep up with my kids.  Weight Watchers has been the perfect tool for me at the right time. 

I tipped or should I say cracked the scales at a mind numbing 333 pounds on January 4.  I had a funeral for that number that day.  I do not want to see that number ever again!!  Every week this month I have made some positive gains, (by gains I mean loss of weight). I have successfully lost 14.8 pounds so far this month. Wow, how I feel much better and even look a little thinner.  It is very enspiring for me to be able to see weight loss weekly, but also see that I am not filling my body with the constant crap I did before.

My constant morning routine would include a nice large diet coke and inhaling of one of many different peanut butter and chocolate options.  Not the regular size, No I needed KING SIZE.  You know that is what they call us chubby fluffy bunnies these days, King Size!  You know so as to not and hurt your feelings! Yeah well those king sized candies were crippling my diabetes.  I still have a thing for diet coke.  It is my one vise that I have not been able to slim down on.  I like it, it costs me zero points, so I still drink it. 

My point system tabulations have kept me away of fast food.  I often opted for a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit from Hardees, because, why not it is the best on the planet, once a week as my treat to myself for being so damn loveable.  I would try and get my coaching buddies to go out weekly for Wings and things.  Namely potato wedges, buffalo chips and wings wings wings.  Now I have been less tempted by the wonderful fried wings slapped in yummy buffalo sauces of all heat seaking levels (ok so mine did not ever get much hotter that Azian Zing) and that is a good thing.  I am less tempted to go out routinely.  But hear what I am saying. Less tempted to go weekly!  I did not say all together.  You better believe that is the food item I crave, I will go all out that night, and fill the belly with the yummy morsels. 

But that is where I leave it.  Blow out once a month, twice at the most, get back on the clydesdale and lets get rolling.  You can do it.  Its a mind set.  I have had more success in this one month, than any other diet/work out routine I have EVER done in the past.  I still try and put in a couple miles a week around the neighborhood, when I am not wiping out and setting off earthquakes across the Piedmont Triad.  Its a mind set!! I am SICK AND TIRED!! of being  SICK AND TIRED of being SICK AND TIRED!!

The misconception about Weight Watchers is that you do not have to wear a pigs snout if you are off a week and gain weight, as I thought in my younger years, when my mom was a part of weight watchers.  I am pretty sure she told me that. I believe anything, Vici tells me because she is ALWAYS right!

Hey I love you guys!  My little Peepulation! You guys are awesome and stay motivated!  Let 2014 be your year of fulfilling your dreams!!

Peace, Love and Jeeps.....

2 comments:

  1. Michael that is great! A few of us in the office are also paying more attention to what we are eating and how we are spending our time while at work. Some are doing WWs too, and we just motivate each other to get and walk and get up throughout the day so we aren't sitting so much, and we have been swapping healthy recipes. Keep up the good work and we are looking forward to meeting the newest addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    This is wonderful news! I did WW with Sable last summer/fall and the pounds came off 2 per wk. Think losing is hard on yourself? HA! Try monitoring everything your child eats! She did great! She lost about 10 lbs then we got sidetracked with school. Spring is around the corner, hoping to get back with it. It is amazing how a little bit of a walk and watching what you eat can drop it off!
    I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your BLOGS!

    ReplyDelete