Friday, January 3, 2014

The World According to 2014

Whats up Peeps?  Hey welcome to 2014.  We are off to an amazing start to the year.  How time flies when you are working on goals and life.  I hate to admit that the last two weeks have flown by, and I have been very lackadaisical in everything over the course of winter break.  No I am not ready to go back to school yet, but come Monday I will be teaching them right, Come Monday.

Oh yeah so this is the blog where you get to find out my New Years resolutions.  Well little old Vogie has a lot going on in this year. Immediately, I resolve to be the best dad ever for a second time, as the last nine months have whipped by, and baby Vogel will be making her self known soon enough.  What have we gotten ourselves into?   Wow how exciting!  Number 2! Honestly I can't wait.  This should make for a very fun year.

I am taking on more of a mentor/big brother to someone that is very close and dear to my heart.  He has had a rough go so far in life, in time you will get to know him better.  He has started a cause to put an end to bullying and self harm.  If you are a twitter tweep, as they  call it, please fallow @S_s_f_o.  He has started this twitter account to bring awareness to childhood bullying and self harm.  Stay Strong Fight On, is a movement that needs to be spread nationally and hopefully world wide.  We would like to see this thing hit nationally, to hopefully help people see the importance in another day of life.  We believe in this cause 110%, and we would like it to go nationwide.  We hope that by word of mouth at the end of 2014, we will have a national following, and are making a positive impact in the lives of these victims.

I am in the year of making my dream come true of writing my first book of hopefully many to come. My wonderful wife has shown encouragement with this project, by supplying me with writing tools for Christmas!  Well done dear!!   I have a wonderful mentor who is very inspiring, and accountable to help me through those difficult days.  

I have a fondness of the banjo and it really is my favorite instrument to listen to, and I am going to attempt to learn to play this year.  I don't know if I will ever be on the level of Scott or Seth Avett, but hey its a start.

This is the year, hopefully sooner than later, (speaking of sooner, how a bout the Oklahoma Sooners completely dismantling of the Alabama Crimson Tide yesterday), that we will be able to get a dog.  The last couple of months have been very difficult for Nissa and I, but there are a few things that should take precedent, but I am not a very patient.  We loved her so much!

And now for the real reason I am writing this today.  This is finally the year to battle the bulge!  I have to put this on line for accountability reasons.  My goal is to drop 42 pounds this year, one pound for every day of life.  I can't really remember ever being under 300 pounds and to hit that mark alone would be incredibly awesome!  It has been to long and to many excuses for not doing it.  Depending on how well the weight starts coming off and how light I feel on my feet, that I might actually be able to run a 5k and just maybe hit a 10k.  You marathoners are a breed all your own and I will leave that to you.  So these are my goals that I have laid out for me.  I hope that you will continue to read my blog, if for no other reason to inspire you and others.

I love you all!  Thank you for reading, your accountability, and your friendship!  Peace Love and Jeeps!!

2 comments:

  1. yeehaw wow a lot of goals! Hey have you tried the Rice Diet. Check in out. Keep writing.. do you have a # of words a day thing or # of hours a week thing?

    ReplyDelete